There is no known preventative action against T1D. Nevertheless, T2D can be prevented by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and eating habits.
- Physical exercise,
- Maintaining normal body weight,
- Eating healthy.
Healthy activities aim to:
- Avoid the development of disease in people living with risk factors,
- Delay progression of the pre-disease stage to the established stage of disease,
- Reduce the negative impact of an already established disease by reducing disease related complications,
- Avoid the consequences of unnecessary or excessive interventions in the health system.