The ISAB is an independent and external scientific advisory board that has been appointed to contribute to strengthening internal research strategy and management capabilities at DDI. This includes:
- Providing advice and guidance on the overall DDI research agenda and long-term research strategy.
- Providing advice and guidance on selected research projects, as needed.
- Promoting and assist fostering multinational collaborative projects as well as active collaboration with local research partners, for instance Kuwait University and Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research.
- Advising on research priority areas that form the main research strategy within DDI.
The ISAB members are internationally recognized experts with qualifications, enough authority and legitimacy in relevant diabetes research/management in their respective countries.
Scope and responsibilities:
- Identify trends, emerging needs, and opportunities for action
- Provide strategic guidance
- Assist in defining research priorities, and setting a research
and training agenda
- Monitor implementation of the DDI strategic research work plan
and its progress
- Evaluate outcome and impact of DDI research
- Review research proposals from DDI, if needed
- Review proposals for agreements with collaborating partners