Interns will develop the knowledge, awareness, and attitude needed to demonstrate professional behavior.
Interns will demonstrate behavior that reflects the values and attitudes of a professional employee.
- Interns will demonstrate honesty, personal responsibility and adherence to professional values.
- Interns will conduct self in a professional manner in the clinical skills.
- Interns will accept responsibility for own actions.
- Interns will demonstrate concern for the welfare of others e.g. students and peers.
- Interns will display a consolidation of professional identity as a student-trainer.
- Interns will demonstrate timeliness to meetings, sessions, supervision, and other professional activities.
Interns will relate effectively and meaningfully in their professional relationships among students and colleagues.
- Interns will form and maintain effective relationships with students and colleagues within the working environment.
- Interns will respectfully participate in multidisciplinary meetings.
- Interns will demonstrate ability to negotiate differences and handle conflict effectively.
- Interns will demonstrate ability to provide effective feedback to others.
- Interns will communicate clearly using verbal, nonverbal and written skills in a professional context.
- Interns will demonstrate flexibility and ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team (director, coordinator, secretary, receptionist.)
Interns will exhibit behavior and attitudes consistent with personal and professional self-awareness and self-reflection.
- Interns will reflect during and after professional activities.
- Interns will develop and articulate self-awareness in attitudes, values and beliefs towards others.
- Interns will demonstrate accurate self-assessment of competence.
- Interns will demonstrate ability to recognize limits of knowledge and skills.
Interns will demonstrate effective and appropriate use of supervision.
- Interns will be prepared for supervision by Clinical Instructor/Director.
- Interns will demonstrate the ability to openly and non-defensively accept feedback with Clinical Instructor/Director.
- Interns will openly discuss areas of strength and weakness with Clinical Instructor/Director.
- Interns will integrate supervisory feedback to improve skills in teaching or assisting peers.
- Interns will demonstrate commitment to growth and learning.