Diabetes often goes undiagnosed because many of its symptoms are nonspecific. It is important to recognize, however, that many people who have type 2 diabetes may display no symptoms at all.
Recent studies indicate that the early detection of diabetes symptoms and treatment can decrease the chance of developing serious complications.
The common signs and symptom of type 1 diabetes are:
- Frequent urination
- Unusual thirst
- Extreme hunger
- Unusual weight loss
- Extreme fatigue and Irritability
For type 2 diabetes the most common symptoms are:
- Any of the type 1 symptoms
- Frequent infections
- Blurred vision
- Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal
- Tingling/numbness in the hands/feet
- Recurring skin, gum, or bladder infections
It is advised to visit your doctor if you experience any of the above mentioned symptoms.